Friday, June 13, 2008

My Spider Man/Woman

Have said this before, on a dais in front of a hundred people, and I will do the same today. My inspiration is not Gandhi or Nehru, nor the Tata or the Birla or the Ambani, though I respect them. My role models are my friends and my relatives. In a friend’s blog, I read about one of my closest friend’s tall act. For me, inspiration comes from the people I can relate to, the ones whom I have seen rise.

My role model is that friend of mine who chose to leave his envious high paying, comfortable job to chase the dreams he believed in. I salute the friend who left her well performing career in an MNC to give her childhood dream a try. I am inspired by the friend who, against all odds, never gave up his dream to start his own adventure firm, even though he had to take up many stop gap jobs to sustain himself. Most of us (at least I can say this about myself) are like satellites, using the little fuel in us, that is, our courage, to get back ourselves on the orbit, whenever we divert. For various reasons, we tend to compromise with and accept what we have, with exceptions to small changes that we make in our existing environment. We all seek job security; we would love to know when and from where the next pay check is coming. The most drastic step may be changing our job, with fingers crossed, praying that the unknown future be better than the present. We grew up with some dreams of what we wanted to with our lives, at least, we started with them. The million dollar question is, are we doing what we wanted to? My answer is …

No comments: